CPE morning seminar programme for 2018: Notaries Now:
- The Masters of Facilities Priorities for 2018
- The recently amended Notarial Inspection Criteria asks “ does the notary seek feedback…” Will lawyers have to engage with reviews and ratings?
- What else is new? We look at the latest Inspectors’ report and suggest compliance strategies
- Rule changes
- Anti-money laundering guidance
- Data protection: new, far-reaching rules that cannot be ignored
- Fake documents; we look at genuine examples of fake documents that have been presented for notarisation; what constitutes a fake document, how to spot fraud and how to deal with fraudsters.
- Preparing documents for legalisation – the ever-changing requirements for China!
- Are you fully compliant with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
- And keeping up with the Notary’s Code of Practice?
- How are your proportionate and practical strategies that safeguard client data?
- Who has access to your client data?
- The recently amended Notarial Inspection Criteria asks “what action has the notary taken to ensure that the confidentiality of notarial records is preserved, including against hacking. We discuss Cyber-crime and how to avoid being a victim.
- What is social engineering? And how protect yourself from social engineering attacks
Other daily and administrative concerns:
As time and interest dictates, we choose from topics related to ‘The Business of being a Notary’